On 14 July 2020, UNICEF, UNECA and UNITAR jointly organized a side event to the HLPF on the theme “Strengthening National Capacities for the World We Want: Embedding Evaluation in Voluntary National Reviews“. The event showcased and shared experiences on the use of evaluative thinking and evidence in Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) and further fostered a dialogue on the importance of positioning evidence in 2030 Agenda follow-up and reporting. The ultimate aim was to promote evidence-based policy and decision-making to accelerate progress towards the SDGs.
Watch the recording below and download the InFocus brief on the event here.
- George Laryea-Adjei, Director Evaluation, UNICEF
- Inam Ullah, Evaluation Officer, Strategic Planning Oversight & Results Division, UNECA
- Elena Proden, Senior Specialist, Strategic Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Unit, UNITAR
- Ian Goldman, Advisor on Evaluation and Evidence Systems, CLEAR-AA
- Zakari Lawal, Director National M&E Department, Ministry of Budget & National Planning, Nigeria
- Cristina Matusse, Deputy Director, Department of Planning and Budgeting, Ministry of Economy and Finance, Mozambique
- Laila Omar Gad, Representative, UNICEF Liberia
- Zephirin Maniratanga, Ambassador Head of State Protocol, Burundi