Forum on Strengthening National Evaluation Capacities for the Africa We Want:
Towards evidence-based Agenda 2063 and SDGs Reporting
UNICEF’s Evaluation Office and the UNICEF Liaison Office to the African Union & UNECA partnered with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) to launch a three-day Forum in Addis Ababa from 10 to 12 December 2019, involving government and civil society representatives, parliamentarians, and development partners.
The Forum aimed at discussing and agreeing on a roadmap towards evidence-based reporting on the implementation of the 2030 and 2063 Agendas, and on moving towards country-led evaluations of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The event attracted the participation of 33 representatives from countries scheduled to present Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs) at the 2020 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF).
Download the brief to read more about the event:
Guide on Embedding Evaluation in VNRs in Africa
UNICEF and CLEAR-AA developed a Guide on Embedding Evaluation in Voluntary National Reviews in Africa. The guide is now available in four languages and available for download here:
- [EN] – Embedding Evaluation in Voluntary National Reviews in Africa: A Guide
- [ES] – Guía para integrar la evaluación en los informes voluntarios nacionales en África
- [FR] – Intégration de l’évaluation dans les examens nationaux volontaires – un guide
- [PT] – Guia de Integração da Avaliação nas Revisões Nacionais Voluntárias em África
See some impressions from the Forum:
- UNICEF Evaluation Office
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
- The Clear Initiative – Anglophone Africa
- UNICEF Liaison Office to the African Union & UNECA on Twitter